NFL Training Camp Schedule To Go As Planned
With its extensive health and safety protocols, the NFL is determined to fully open the training camps this July and host the return of the season soon. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell recently announced that all previously given schedules will continue as planned.
The NFL released a memo detailing the NFL-NFLPA Club Facility Protocol for the 2020 Season in early June. It contains protocols for use of facilities, social distancing, facility cleaning and disinfection, and food service, among others.
As both the NFL and NFLPA are positive that it’s safe to resume play by following the protocols, NFL executive vice president and general counsel Jeff Pash hosted a conference call with team owners last week to discuss the training camps, 2020 season planning, and social justice programs and workplace diversity.
The virtual meeting goes smoothly. NFL Commissioner Goodell told reporters that aside from training camps opening as planned, the league is set to “get ready for games at our stadiums and to engage our fans both in stadiums and through our media partners.”
The guidelines, however, are flexible. All future changes need to be confirmed and approved by NFLPA and NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills. More protocols are still being developed as key stories surrounding COVID-19 evolve. In the meantime, Sills advised all players and staff to follow the current protocols.
“Testing alone will not be sufficient to keep everyone healthy. It’s vitally important to keep social distances and use masks when possible,” Sills said.
The training camp returns on July 28. Rookies and selected players (e.g. quarterbacks) are permitted to report earlier to confirm their slots. Team travel and other logistic matters will also be addressed by the board at a later date.
Training Camps And Locations
- Arizona Cardinals: State Farm Stadium
- Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta Falcons Training Facility
- Baltimore Ravens: Under Armour Performance Center
- Buffalo Bills: One Bills Drive
- Carolina Panthers: Bank of America Stadium
- Chicago Bears: Halas Hall
- Cincinnati Bengals: Paul Brown Stadium
- Cleveland Browns: Cleveland Browns Training Complex
- Dallas Cowboys: Ford Center at The Star
- Denver Broncos: Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Centre
- Detroit Lions: Detroit Lions Training Facility
- Green Bay Packers: Don Hutson Center
- Houston Texans: Houston Texans Training Center
- Indianapolis Colts: Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center
- Jacksonville Jaguars: TIAA Bank Field
- Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City Chiefs Practice Facility
- Las Vegas Raiders: Raiders Headquarters
- Los Angeles Chargers: Jack Hammett Sports Complex
- Los Angeles Rams: TBA
- Miami Dolphins: Baptist Health Training Facility
- Minnesota Vikings: TCO Performance Center
- New England Patriots: Gillette Stadium
- New Orleans Saints: New Orleans Saints Training Facility
- New York Giants: Quest Diagnostics Training Center
- New York Jets: Atlantic Health Jets Training Center
- Philadelphia Eagles: NovaCare Complex
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Heinz Field
- San Francisco 49ers: San Francisco 49ers Training Facility
- Seattle Seahawks: Virginia Mason Athletic Center
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: One Buccaneer Place
- Tennessee Titans: Saint Thomas Sports Park
- Washington Redskins: Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center